WSOP 2015: Poker Revolution
Upcoming World Series will be full of surprises. There are more than ten changes only in the schedule. And, probably, we’ll see the biggest poker event in history of poker!
WSOP is coming. Famous phrase “Shuffle up and deal” will be pronounced in few days in Rio Casino and 46th World Series of Poker will begin.
And we can say that this series is revolutionary without it being overstatement.
Let’s not split into hairs. Our aim is to tell you about the most interesting changes and events on WSOP 2015.
Here they are:
- $565 Colossus with $5,000,000 guaranteed
One of the key tournaments of series starts Friday, May, 29th. Expected number of participants is up to 20,000! There are four starting days (actually it is two “streams” per day).
Moreover, there are functions of re-entry and denial of the stack (with following participation in the next stream with starting stack for new buy-in).
The record of number of participants was set up in WSOP Main Event 2006 – 8,773 entrants. We can say with 90% certainty that this achievement will be exceeded.
- 11 new tournaments
You can check out the full list of what’s new on official WSOP site. Beside aforementioned $565 Colossus there are:
- $5,000 Turbo NL Hold’em;
- $25,000 High Roller 8-max PLO;
- $10,000 Dealers Choice (19 poker variants!).
And also lots of other chipper events.
By the way, coming to more available buy-ins is one of the biggest trends of WSOP 2015. There are enough of those dissatisfied with this, for example, Mike Sexton. He tells about always decreasing value of Golden Bracelet.
WSOP Main Event 2014 champ Martin Jacobson
- Online Tournament
For the first time in World Series history bracelet event will take place online. The event with $1,000 buy-in is scheduled on the 2nd of July on WSOP.com. Heads-up is scheduled in Rio Casino to the next day.
- Increase of starting stacks
The starting stacks in tournaments with buy-ins under $5,000 are bigger now – up to 66%. For example, in tournament with $5,000 buy-in starting stack is 250 bb.
Also the structure of the tournament is smoother and the period of late registration is bigger.
- 68 golden bracelets, three more than last year.
- $111,111 One Drop Super High Roller is one of the most expensive tournaments in the world and the most expensive tournament of the Series. The event is scheduled to June, 28th.
Let’s not forget that Aria Casino hosts $500k SUPER HIGH ROLLER BOWL from 2nd to 4th of July, expected prize pool is $30,000,000!
- Other key tournaments of WSOP 2015:
- June, 5: $1,500 Millionaire Maker
- June, 12: $1,500 Monster Stack
- June, 17: $10,000 NL Holdem 6-max
- June, 21: $50,000 Poker Players Championship
- July, 1: $10,000 HORSE
- July, 5: $10,000 Main Event.